At Clinic 33 we like to practice the 80/20 rule. If you are putting the work in 80% of the time then you should enjoy that other 20%. Our Co-Founder, Liana Stemp, even said on World Chocolate Day, “With so much control and order in our lives, feeling bad about some occasional chocolate is not a good idea.”
But if you are feeling health conscious this year and would like to get a head start on January, these swaps should do the trick! 🎁🎄🎅
Stuff traditional stuffing
Instead of traditional sausage stuffing, opt for a veg version. Add herbs instead of salt for extra health points without flavour loss.
Bigger Potatoes (yes really!)
Top tip! Cut your potatoes into larger pieces so that they absorb less fat when cooking and flavour with rosemary and garlic instead of salt.
(Did you really think we’d tell you to cut these completey?
What’s Christmas without canapés? But this year why not try switching sausage rolls for sushi and olives instead of crisps?
When it comes to Christmas Pud, if we want to avoid feeling like one the key is to choose the correct topping. Either add your brandy butter or custard sparingly, or try a low calorie ice cream!
If you’re a wine drinker, go for smaller glasses. If beer is your tipple, swap pints for halves or bottles. But best still, opt for a spirit with tonic water or sugar free mixer.
Turkey is a lean meat, and we’d say if you’ve been good with everything else then have it. But if you are conscious of this too, then remove the skin and don’t add extra fat for your portion.
Alternative Christmas Menu
If those swaps aren’t quite enough for you and you would like to redo your entire Christmas menu with a healthy spin then this list should inspire you.
- Choose low fat dips (Low fat Tzatziki, Capsicum, Beetroot, Hummus)
- Reduced fat cheese (Low fat feta, ricotta, cottage or low fat tasty)
- Lean meats (Turkey, chicken, ham)
- Wholegrain rice crackers
- Crunchy vegetable sticks
- Nuts/dried fruit
- Antipasto (Sundried tomatoes, capsicum, olives, artichoke – drain oil well – opt for vinegar if available)
- Lean turkey breast with cranberry sauce or small amounts of gravy (reduced salt preferred)
- Baked fish with herbs of choice
- Roast vegetables, lightly coated with olive oil spray & cooked in a separate dish to the roasting meat
- Summer pudding with low-fat custard
- Pavlova with reduced fat cream and fruit
- Fresh fruit platter
At Clinic 33 we focus on looking after you from the inside out. All of our body and face treatments are accompanied by lifestyle guidance to support you on your quest to live a happy, healthy, confident life.
If you are looking for support with fat loss or skin issues then check out our fat freezing and led light treatments first!